The following notes were taken from a craft improvement session of the Outdoor Writers Assn of America (annual conference) on the topic of Sponsored Blogs and Innovative Web Opportunities — presented by Kim Kavin, past president of Boating Writers International (www.bwi.org).
- www.boatermouth.com and www.charterwave.com are her two websites.
- If you learn just a little about producing websites you look like a genius to many people.
- CharterWave became the world’s largest repository of yacht charter content articles.
- Sponsored blogs are listed on her website (either hosted on her website or the sponsor’s own site).
- Kim also offers her services as a ghost blogger (writing a blog for someone else).
- Be smart with URLs (everyone should try to own your own name)
- Use these two sites to help determine your URL names.
- Learn some tech basics
- Follow these Twitter geeks: @LanceUlanoff, @pkafka, @mashable, @NiemanLab
- Biggest mistake she made…not thinking big enough. Be fearless.
©2010 Jim Braaten. All Rights Reserved. No Reproduction without Prior Permission.
Filed under: Outdoor Media (TV/Newspaper/Radio)