Presented by John Beath (OWAA president):
- Use YouTube videos to drive traffic to your site.
- Brand your videos in the editing process (both when the video starts and ends).
- You must be entertaining, informative or both.
- You need to have good sound for your videos.
- Always offer an interesting background.
- Use videos to entertain your site visitors and keep them returning to see more of your videos.
- Use video to show off and explain your product.
- Use video for how-to informative videos.
- Always put your website address on the video and brand it as your words.
- You do all of this to build relationships with people—at least that should be your goal.
- How you code your YouTube page will determine where you appear in the search engines. You can have a video appear on the search engine’s front page.
- Let YouTube host your videos rather than your own website. Search engines will find you more easily this way.
- You can create a slideshow or video webinar online.
- Use video to promote your event/seminar.
- Camtasia Studio — allows you to record what is on your screen.
- E-junkie: hosts your webinar and will even sell it for you.
- Video can be a very powerful way to sell.
- www.halibut.net/owaa/ (most of these notes and sample videos are available at this link from the presenter)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Strive to get people to subscribe to your YouTube channel.
- The best videos are about 1.5 to 4 minutes in length.
©2010 Jim Braaten. All Rights Reserved. No Reproduction without Prior Permission.
Filed under: Outdoor Media (TV/Newspaper/Radio)